Every now and then, I come across a wedding planning post written by someone who knows very little about wedding planning. These articles can be misleading and misinformed, and they leave couples feeling anxious. Ugh!
Here are four articles that are just the opposite! Their authors know the industry, and they can actually help you understand your wedding planning process and your wedding vendors just a little bit better.
- Huffington Post (Financial Education). This post, written by Lauren Grove, clearly explains why weddings cost so much. I know you have heard explanations similar to this before, but Lauren truly breaks it down. This post gives the best explanation of vendor pricing and process. It is definitely worth the read.
- Every Last Detail Blog. I must say that Lauren gets it right every time! Her post, “Three Things Vendors Don’t Tell You” is spot on!
- Planning Forever Events Blog. “Venue Coordinators vs. Wedding Planners.” This has been an ongoing discussion since I started planning events (ahem 500 years ago). I think Saundra breaks it down very well.
- 14 Stories. Bernadette breaks down the value of wedding planner who can be a leader, especially in cases when there are numerous wedding vendors working together.
- Off Beat Bride. They don’t mince words at Off Beat Bride, and I love them for that! Check out “12 Things Wedding Photographers Want to Tell You, But Can’t.”
For more wedding planning advice that is worth listening to, check out the following wedding blogs. They offer inspiration AND practical advice that is worth reading.
- Howerton+Wooten Events Resource Library (definitely worth mentioning)
Enjoy! And, Happy Halloween!
Love & Soul Always, Kay