Happy Valentine’s Day! Here are seven ways to show yourself some love while planning your wedding.
1. Be Grateful. Every day, we are blessed with so many beautiful things in our life, but we can get so busy with family and work that we forget to notice them. Take five minutes every morning or every night and acknowledge all of the blessings (big and tiny) that you encounter. You can do this with prayer, meditation, and/or a gratitude journal. Those daily acknowledgements have been known to your change your surroundings and your mindset.
2. Stop worrying so much! Create your wedding planning game plan. Get help. Be realistic about your wedding budget, and stop worrying – It’s a waste of time.
3. Forgive yourself. Did you lose your temper? Did you forget to pay your wedding photographer? It’s okay. Contrary to what you may think, we all screw up every now and then. It happens. We are human. Acknowledge your mistake. Say you are sorry. Think about what you can do to avoid it in the future. And, move on.
4. Chill out on the criticism. If the only thoughts in your head are negative, your daily interactions will be negative. So, try this — Over the next 24 hours, practice saying something nice about everything you encounter. It’s not as easy as you think, but it will transform your demeanor when you get the hang of it.
5. Get moving. Participating in a physical activity releases endorphins, which are known to reduce pain and make you feel happy. A runner friend of mine tells me that endorphins can be better than sex.(I don’t know about that, but I have found them to improve my mood!)
6. Soak up some sun. Between work and wedding planning, it’s so easy to get bogged down in front of your computer. So, before you start your day, go outside and soak up some sun for 15 minutes. The sunshine is a great way to help your mood and regulate your internal clock.
7. Give a little love to others. Compliment someone’s outfit, donate your time, and/or visit your grandma or the elderly neighbor down the street. Do something nice for someone else and you will definitely feel better about you.
Love & Soul Always, Kay