Without a doubt, October is one of the best months of the year! The leaves have changed, the air is crisp, and it is the first full month of autumn season.
For all of you Washington, DC area couples, I have listed below 10 fun activities that you can do together this month — Hey, they may even bring you a little romance!
1. Have your pet blessed at the Franciscan Monastery. In honor of St. Francis, a fan of animals, you are welcome to bring your furry pet for a special blessing of the animals service following the Mass of the Feast of St. Francis. This Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. on the morning of Saturday, October 4 at Franciscan Monastery, located at 1400 Quincy Street, NE in Washington, DC.
2. Get lost in a corn maize, and steal a kiss when you find a private spot. The corn maize in Montpelier Farms is one of the best in the area. If you live in Virginia, check out the Temple Hall Farm Maize in Leesburg.
3. Volunteer at the Capital Food Bank. Food banks are ramping up food donations for the holidays, so they need as much as help as they can to prepare.
4. Pick some apples and enjoy some cider at the beautiful Stribling Orchard in Markham, Virginia. And, while you are there, pick up a pumpkin or two.
5. Take a “gastric tour” of the District at the Taste of DC. This event takes place over the Columbus Day holiday weekend, and it features dishes from more than 40 of the district’s best restaurants and food trucks.
6. Catch the autumnal colors in the leaves of the trees of the US National Arboretum — The Arboretum is one of Washington DC’s best kept secrets.
7. Get scared “to the bone” at the “Night of the Living Zoo.” This adults-only event will be held at the National Zoo, and it includes palm readers, fire eaters, talking bats, and illusionists.
9. Roast some pumpkin seeds. Here’s an easy-to-follow recipe.
10. Take a hike at the Black Hills Regional Park before the ground freezes.
And, most of all, enjoy each other!
Love & Soul Always, Kay