One of my favorite brunch beverages is the Blood Orange Champagne Cocktail. I think it is the perfect beverage choice (not too tart and not too sweet) for a bridal brunch.
This recipe is definitely one of my favorite versions. And, as life would have it, it comes from one of my favorite food sites, epicurious.com.
You may have to do a little searching for the oranges since blood oranges cultivated in the United States are typically in season from December to March (Texas), and from November to May (California). But, they are well worth the hunt.
- ¼ cup crème de cassis (black-currant liqueur)
- 1½ cups strained fresh blood orange juice (from about 6 oranges)
- One (1) 750-ml bottle chilled brut Champagne or dry sparkling wine
- Eight (8) blood orange slices (optional)
- Spoon 1½ teaspoons of the crème de cassis into each of eight Champagne flutes or other glasses.
- Add three (3) tablespoons juice to each glass.
- Fill each glass with Champagne, and then stir gently.
- Garnish cocktails with slices of blood orange, if desired.
Love & Soul Always, Kay