This trifle recipe is almost perfect for a bridal shower luncheon — It has plenty of chocolate; it gives a pretty presentation, and it is incredibly easy to make!
- One (1) standard box of chocolate cake mix
- One (1) one-ounce box of chocolate instant pudding mix
- Two (2) cups of milk
- One (1) 21-ounce can of Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- Two (1) cups of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate curled shavings (optional)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions in a 13” x 9” cake pan.
- After you let the cake cool in the pan, remove it and cut it into cubes.
- Prepare pudding mix according to the package instructions, using two (2) cups of milk.Chill the pudding at least 30 minutes.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a three-quart trifle bowl.
- Spoon half of the cherries over the cake
- Spread one (1) cup of the pudding over the cherries, and top with half of the whipped topping.
- Repeat the layers.
- Top with the chocolate curls, if desired
- Cover and chill for at least eight (8) hours.
I found this recipe on the back of a can of Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling. The Lucky Leaf web site has a lite version of this recipe. I am sure that it doesn’t taste the same, so I would probably just reduce the size of my serving with the original instead.
Love & Soul Always, Kay