Looking for a fun drink to serve at your 4th of July Barbecue? You can’t go wrong with watermelon — It’s the fruit of summer. So, check out this recipe for a Fresh Watermelon Margarita!
- ½ Cup of White Sugar
- ½ Cup of Water
- 3 Strips of Orange Zest
- 2 Cups of Watermelon Cubes
- ¼ Cup of Lime Juice
- ¾ Cup of White or Silver Tequila
- Lime Wedges for Garnish
- Bring a ½ of cup of sugar, water, and orange zest to boil in a small saucepan, stirring constantly. Simmer for 3 minutes, until the sugar is dissolved. This is your simple syrup. Remove the simple syrup from the heat and allow it to cool completely.
- Place the watermelon in a blender, and pulse it until it is pureed.
- Stir the watermelon puree into a large pitcher with the simple syrup, tequila and lime juice.
- Place a small amount of salt or sugar on a small plate. Rub the edge of the margarita glasses with one of the lime wedges to moisten it. Then, lightly dip the rim of the glass into the saucer to rim the glass with the sugar or salt. Tap off the excess salt or sugar.
- Fill the rimmed glasses with crushed ice; pour margarita mixture into glasses over the ice and garnish with lime wedges
- Serve immediately.
Love & Soul Always, Kay