Tomorrow afternoon, I am throwing my son’s third annual slip-n-slide party! This party is a blast! We typically have somewhere between 25-40 soaking wet kids running around our backyard, screaming, swimming and sliding.
Since most of the children are local, and their parents will walk them to our house, I am offering a special slush just for the moms and dads.
This drink is ice-cold, so I am sure that they will love it!
This frozen cocktail (found on allrecipes.com) is made with gin (the quintessential hot-weather drink).
But you can easily substitute the gin for vodka if you are not a fan.
- Two (2) cups of white sugar
- Seven (7) cups of water
- Four (4) tea bags
- Two (2) cups of boiling water
- One (1) (12 fluid ounce) can of frozen lemonade concentrate
- One (1) (12 fluid ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- Two (2) cups of gin
- Put the seven (7) cups of water in a large saucepan, and heat on high until boiling.
- Add sugar and stir until dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place the four (4) teabags in two (2) cups of boiling water, and let steep until desired strength is acquired.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar water, tea, lemonade concentrate and orange juice concentrate.
- Stir in gin. Place in freezer container, and freeze overnight.
- To serve, place several scoops into a tall glass, and fill with any clear carbonated beverage.
Love & Soul Always, Kay
(photo by Magdiego)