I found this recipe on the Fine Living Network web site and I couldn’t resist. Why? It’s made with ice cream!
According to the web site (and the cocktail creator, Stephen Phillips), the condensed milk in this cocktail makes it sort of like an ice-cream sundae – with cachaşca, a Brazilian liquor made from distilled sugar-cane juice, giving it a grown-up kick. Yum! Perfect for summer!
- Two (2) cups of watermelon (seedless)
- Six (6) strawberries chopped (freeze and chop in advance if possible)
- Two (2) ounces of Cuca Fresca Cachaça
- Two (2) ounces of condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of superfine sugar
- One and one-half (1½) cup of crushed ice
- Sprig of fresh mint for garnish
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Add ice and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
Another great reason to try Cuca Fresca Cachaça. The makers of this spirit donate a portion of the proceeds to nonprofit groups dedicated to helping preserve the Brazilian rain forest.
A nice cool cocktail and a donation to a good cause at the same time. What a Friday!
Love & Soul Always, Kay
(Photo and Recipe: Fine Living Network)