And one of my favorite warm drinks is definitely cider. I hope that you will enjoy this great cider drink. The smell of this drink is heavenly and the flavor makes it go down so easily.
BTW: We set a few cups aside for the little guy, then I add rum for the big guy and me to enjoy.
- Eight to ten ounces of spiced rum
- Eight (8) cups of apple cider
- The juice of one large orange
- The juice of one large lemon
- Three (3) tablespoons of brown sugar
- Four (4) whole cloves
- Four (4) whole allspice berries
- Three (3) cinnamon sticks
- Three (3) star anise pods
Step #1: In a large pot add all the ingredients except for the spiced rum.
Step #2: Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes or so.
Step #3: Add rum and keep warm over a low heat or pour into an insulated container to keep warm.
Step #4: To keep your cider potable to nondrinkers, do not add the spiced rum to the pot of cider. Add 2 oz. of rum per cup afterward.
I found this recipe on the Fine Living Network web site. You should check it out because they have a ton of tailgating cocktails that will keep you warm in the crisp weather.
Enjoy! Love & Soul Always, Kay