I found this white wine sangria in my August 2008 issue of Martha Stewart Living. This white wine sangria brings the flavor and feel of a fresh-picked summer by adding apples, oranges, raspberries and plums.
- Two (2) Ripe Plums, pitted and cut into ¼-inch wedges
- One (1) Large Gala Apple, cored and cut into 1/8-inch wedges
- One (1) Navel Orange, thinly sliced crosswise, larger slices halved
- Six (6) ounces (1½ cups) Raspberries
- One (1) cup Vodka
- Two (2) bottles Dry White Wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc, chilled
- One-fourth (¼) cup Superfine Sugar
- Combine the plums, apple, orange, raspberries and vodka in a nonreactive bowl.
- Let stand, uncovered, at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Combine wine and sugar in a pitcher, and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add fruit mixture, and stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately over ice.
This recipe serves 8.
Love & Soul Always, Kay