It’s game time! I have been tagged again (here is my last tag!). This time I was tagged by Shanika Butts at SJB Weddings and Events, and this time Saundra at Planning . . . Forever Events decided to mix it up a bit by adding a musical twist to the game! Sweet! Here are the rules:
- Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your Blog.
- Share five (5) songs you are embarrassed to admit to others you like and tell why.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their Blog.
I love this new version of Blog Tag! Unfortunately, I have a little challenge – I am a ham!
I love to sing at the top of my lungs with my tone death voice, and I don’t care who is listening! On top of that, I don’t get embarrassed very easily – but you know what? My honey-do does! And, he really gets embarrassed when I encourage my 8-year-old son (my little guy) to sing along with me! You see, my honey-do is such a guy (with roughneck tendencies), and he does not always (ahem) approve of my choice of songs for my little guy. I try to be an understanding and sensitive wife, but the little guy and I have so much fun that I cannot help myself!!!
So, here goes . . . (sorry honey!)
- Shout (Isley Brothers). I don’t think that this song embarrasses my honey-do that much. It is the fact that I have taught my little guy the moves from the movie, “Animal House.” ß Yes, we do the “gator!”
- The Freaks Come Out at Night (Whodini). Now I know that all of the responsible moms out there are shaking their heads, but this song is old school hip hop and you can’t get anymore innocent than that (well, unless you are listening to something like Pat Boone). It’s also an incredibly fun song to try to break dance to ß I must tell you that my attempts are not pretty!
- It’s Raining Men (Weather Girls). Enough said.
- Try a Little Tenderness (Otis Redding). My little guy and I love to do a little lip syncing performance every morning during breakfast. I am not talking about a little sing along at the breakfast table; I am talking about a full stage production (facial expressions, “Michael Jackson” spins and “James Brown” splits too) in the kitchen. This song is way before my time, but it is a perfect lip syncing song when you think you are the star!
- I Don’t Want to Go to School (Naked Brothers Band). My little guy has taught me a song or two, and this fun song is performed by a group on the cable channel, Nickelodeon. Every now and then I change the word, “school” to “work.”
I have more, but Saundra wrote the rules and the rules state five (5) songs. ß It’s a good thing, because I don’t know when to stop.
Let’s see. I would like to tag:
- Aletha at Pearls Events
- Katasha at the Wedding Workroom
- Vicky at Event Accomplished
- Samantha at Soiree Bliss
- Monica at The White Box of Wedding Designs
- Pink Tea Rose Weddings
Love & Soul Always, Kay