I have been tagged by the lovely Aletha at Pearl Events. I have noticed that some bloggers have been tagged umpteen times, but I thought that I had managed to stay below the radar since I am quite the neophyte in the world of wedding planning blogs. Nope. Good times for me!
Okay, here are the rules of tag:
- Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your Blog
- Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their Blog.
- I get lost a lot. Not a little lost, but the adventurous kind of lost. I was lost in the subway station in Paris for 15 minutes. It was the first time that I used the subway in Paris, so I thought it would be a good idea to simply follow the crowd when I got off of the subway train. I didn’t realize until everyone got on another train that I followed the crowd making a transfer instead of the crowd leaving the subway station. I studied French before my trip, but I could not remember the French word for exit. Fortunately, my logical side kicked in and realized that I saw the word Sortie more than once, so I should give it a try. Voila! It worked and I was free!
- One time (before I invested in a car with a GPS system), I crashed a six-year-old’s birthday party. I told you that I get lost a lot! But seriously, what are the chances that two houses with the same street number (on different streets, of course) are hosting a child’s birthday party on the same day!?! Anyhow, I arrived at the party, conversed with the fellow parents, and ate some snacks. It wasn’t until one of the moms asked, “How do you know the birthday girl” that I knew I was in trouble. “Birthday girl? I thought it was a birthday boy.” That’s when the birthday girl’s mother said, “Well, that explains why I don’t know you.” So, I quickly grabbed my little boy, thanked them for their hospitality, asked them to give me back the birthday present, and quickly removed myself from the premises.
- I am addicted to eyeglasses. It started out when I was a kid. Wearing glasses since kindergarten made me a bit of the classroom nerd. Then Elton John entered my world, and I quickly realized that eyeglasses can be cool. Now my eyeglasses are my face jewelry, and I have a pair in all of my favorite colors. My favorite pair are green and eggplant with little green and gold rhinestones across the top. I look like a cross between Elton John and Sylvia Weinstock, but they sure make me happy!
- Like Aletha at Pearl Events, I love pearls. Unlike Aletha, I wear mine every day – My mother calls me Jackie O.
- When it comes to sports, I am a cry baby. I cannot watch any of the great sports movies –Rocky, Brian’s Song, Hoosiers, Remember the Titans, or Rudy (especially Rudy) without crying like a baby. I cry like a baby when the National Anthem is played after an American has won an Olympic gold medal. Heck, I even cried with the Pistons beat the Lakers in the NBA finals a few years ago. Go figure.
- I have a crush on Barack Obama. Okay, I also have a crush on Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics, my mailman, and my honey-do (of course — that’s a 17 year long crush). I know. I can’t help myself.
- If wedding planning doesn’t work out, I am opening a bakery. Not just any ol’ bakery; I am going to open a bakery that is dairy-free, egg-free and most of all, peanut-free. My little Langston has food allergies (eggs, dairy, nuts, sesame seeds . . .), and he loves cookies and cupcakes just like any other little boy, but I always have to make his goodies from scratch. For those of you that are thinking that these egg-free and dairy-free pastries must be gross, come see me. I make Krispy Kreme-like donuts that make you want to cry for joy (if you know what I mean). Yup, they are better than that.
Since I am new in the wedding planning Blog world, I must tag people that probably have no idea who I am. So sorry – I must keep the ball rolling! I will break the rule a little and only tag a few blogs. Here goes! Janie Medley at the Bride’s Cafe, Isis at Posh Events, Emily Jackson at Emily Jackson Photography and Engagemental.
Love & Soul Always, Kay