$175.00 / month for 6 months and a $25.00 sign-up fee
Welcome to the “Brainery Project” for Professional Wedding Planners! It’s more than just a mentorship program with “talking heads” — This is six incredible months of impactful education, interactive discussion, one-on-one mentoring, and valuable resources. You will be empowered with the tools and resources you need to kick off your business like the “boss” that you are!
Additionally, you will receive a program workbook, customizable templates for business management, access to the Enlightened Creative wedding planning guidebooks, and a variety of downloads for use to successfully coordinate a wedding day.
Are you ready to take the steps toward growing your side hustle into a wedding planning empire?!? Have you wondered what the best investment would be to elevate your company into a sustainable business? We asked those same questions when we launched Howerton+Wooten Events more than a decade ago. And, that’s why we created the “Brainery Project.” It’s more than just a mentorship program with “talking heads” — This is six incredible months of impactful education, interactive discussion, one-on-one mentoring, and valuable resources. You will be empowered with the tools and resources you need to kick off your business like the “boss” that you are!
Intended Program Outcomes: The goals of the “Brainery” Project for Professional Wedding Planners are to examine the creative and pragmatic nature of managing a wedding planning business. Participants in the project will be able to —
1. Explore and describe a core client profile (also known as a “Client Avatar”) for the business.
2. Define and determine wedding planning services
3. Develop a formula for pricing services and business offerings
4. Build a sales and marketing strategy that attracts the interest of potential clients and industry colleagues
5. Understand the nuances of attracting the media and getting your work published
6. Develop and nurture a positive network of like-minded industry colleagues
7. Determine and establish a six-month and 12-month goal plan for each participant’s wedding planning business
Curriculum: During the “Brainery” Project for Professional Wedding Planners, participants will learn the following —
1. Your Business: Exploring Your Business Market, Identifying Your Company’s Core Values, and Determining Your Company’s Mission.
2. Marketing: Developing the Right Marketing Mix for Your Wedding Business
3. Sales and Client Care: Smart Selling, Navigating Fruitful Wedding Consultations, and Effective Customer Service
4. Financial Operations: Understanding Financial Statements, Managing Your Cash Flow, Maximizing Your Revenue, and Navigating Taxes
5. Talent Management: Recruiting and Hiring a Great Team, Working with Vendor Partners, and Outsourcing and Delegating Business Services
6. Strategic Planning: Identifying and Developing 10 – 15 Long Term Strategic Objectives for You and Your Business
7. Project Management: Breaking Down Your Strategic Objectives into Operational Objectives, Development and Management of Planning Timelines for You and Your Clients, Managing Client Expectations, and Managing Multiple Wedding and Event Projects Simultaneously
8. Leadership: Ethics, Relationship Building, and Brand Management
9. Risk Management: Addressing Legal Issues, Managing Risk, and Crisis Management
10. Exit Strategy: Cashing in Your Brand and Riding Off Into the Sunset
About the Program Leader: Kawania Wooten, CMP, is an innovative event management executive, who excels at competitive strategic planning, convention and trade show management, and volunteer management. Her expertise lies in developing operational and programmatic initiatives that provide added value, reduce operational costs, streamline internal processes, and standardize association policies and procedures. As the owner of Howerton+Wooten Events and the Enlightened Creative, Kawania was challenged with the expansive task of creating high-caliber events for an annual convention of 5,000+ attendees. Using her strength in contract negotiations, logistics management, budget management, and strategic marketing, she was able to energize the client’s staff to make considerable enhancements to the overall attendee experience. As the director of industry affairs for the National Cable Telecommunications Association (NCTA), Kawania has planned events for Washington DC lobbyists, cable television senior executives, and some of the country’s most infamous media moguls. Kawania has received awards for her customer service, and her innovative implementations in conference management. She earned her Certified Meeting Professional designation in 2004. Kawania authored numerous event industry articles and books, and she has been featured in “ESSENCE” magazine, “WASHINGTONIAN Weddings,” “Refinery 29,” “InStyle,” “Martha Stewart Weddings,” “Baltimore Weddings,” and numerous event planning and lifestyle magazines and blogs. She holds a Bachelors degree in Mass Media Arts from Hampton University, and she attended the Harvard Business School Executive Management Program in June of 2005 under the auspices of the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing.
Supplemental Materials: The participants in the “Brainery” Project for Professional Wedding Planners will receive a program workbook, customizable templates for business management, access to the Enlightened Creative wedding planning guidebooks, and a variety of downloads for use to successfully coordinate a wedding day.
Recognition: Participants who complete the “Brainery” Project for Professional Wedding Planners will earn a badge for their website from the Enlightened Creative indicating they have finished the program. This is an excellent way to showcase their knowledge and wedding planning expertise to colleagues and potential clients.
When Do We Get Started? The next gathering of masterful wedding pros will begin on Tuesday, January 21, 2020.
Where and When Will the “Brainery” Project for Professional Wedding Planners Take Place? The Professional Wedding Planner Mentorship Project is bi-weekly starting Tuesday, September 1, 2020. The program sessions will take place on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The discussions will take place via a Zoom video discussion.
Questions? (202) 706-7953, extension 0 or firstname.lastname@example.org