This afternoon, I made a turkey sandwich for Chris Wooten (my guy) using all of the leftover food from Thanksgiving.
The menu consisted of a turkey sandwich, sweet potato tater tots, and some tasty green beens. Since nothing was spared, I call it the “ultimate leftover” lunch.
He especially loved the sandwich, and he asked me to make him another one after I blogged about it. (smile) The ingredients for the sandwich include the following —
- Challah bread
- Slices of of turkey white meat
- Delicatessen mustard
- Brie cheese
- Cranberry Sauce
- A pat of unsalted butter
The steps for this sandwich are super easy!
- First off, you are going to cut 1/4” slices of challah bread. If you want the bread to be a little thicker, go with 1/2” thick slices
- Spread a teaspoon of the delicatessen mustard onto the bread. If you want your sandwich to be a little sweeter, consider using honey mustard instead.
- Spread cranberry sauce over the mustard on one slice of bread.
- Place slices of the turkey on top of the cranberry sauce.
- Slice the brie, and place the slices (without the skin) onto the turkey.
- Close the sandwich and grill it in a pan with the unsalted butter pat. You only need to grill the sandwich long enough to brown the bread on each side.
Love & Soul Always, Kay